Hello and thank you for your interest in riding Gadabout.
Here are a few things to know how Gadabout works.
To ride Gadabout you would need to be:
· 55 and over
· Live within Tompkins County
· ADA Certified- (younger than 55 and have a disability)
· Or a Medicaid recipient :
*MAS rides will need to be set up with MAS Transportation Services
Notify the office if you have a Walker, Wheelchair, Scooter, on Oxygen and in need of assistance to and from the bus.
Gadabout offers rides within Tompkins County to:
· Doctor offices
· Shopping centers – with a limit of 8 grocery bags
· Personal residents
The cost of your trip will depend on your location, which will determine the cost each way for each person. You can pay the driver with cash, check or purchase Gadabout Tickets.
Ride Times Per Location:
Gadabout has a lee-way of 1 hour each way to get you and others to your appointments on time.
Zone #1: ITHACA CITY
· Ithaca City and Ithaca Town– 9:30am – 3:30pm
Zone #2: OUTSKIRTS OF THE TOWN OF ITHACA
· Outside the Town of Ithaca- 10am-2:30pm
Two Business days Ride Request:
To set up your Ride Request you will need to call or email Two (2) business days before your ride. Call 607-273-1878 or email Gadabout between 8am and 4:30pm. Not counting weekends and holidays.
· Please send emails two (2) business days before your ride in a timely fashion.
· Gadabout hours of operation is Monday – Friday , 8:00am – 4:30pm
· Zone #1 is $2.00 a Ticket or $20.00 for 1 book of Ten (10 )tickets
· Zone #2 is $3.00 a Ticket or $15.00 for 1 book of Five(5)tickets
You may call our office to purchase as many books of tickets you may need
Please Pay the driver and sign for your tickets. We take cash or checks only
- Additional riders will also have to pay for each way
- Riders with a PCA (Certified Personal Care Assistant) are an exception
If you are Medically Disabled:
You can apply for the American Disability Act (ADA) .
ADA is a program thru TCAT hat helps people of all ages that need a ride who has a disability that prevents them from driving or riding with other types of transportation.
· Call Jen at TCAT 607-277-9388 Ext. 420 to see if you qualify.
If you qualify for ADA you are then able to ride Mon – Sun , call the day before to set up a ride and ride on TCAT hours for your area.
· Zone prices are determined by your location when you are ADA Certified
If you are Medicaid Recipient:
Ride requests come from MAS– You will have to call Medicaid to set up your rides. (for all ages)
· Request Gadabout as your Transportation Service.
· Call Gadabout the day before your ride to see if MAS accepted Gadabout as your transportation.
· MAS is for Doctor Appointments Only
Day Before your Ride: ( we do not call you to give out ride times)
· You must call between the hours of 3 – 4:30 pm, the day before your Ride Request to get your Pick Up and Return times.
· It is important that you call the day before your ride to insure your ride request is correct.
· If you have a ride on a Monday, you will call on Friday to get your Pick Up and Return times.
· On Holiday closings, you will need to call two (2 )days before the holiday closing to set up your ride and call one (1) day before we close to get for your pick up and return times.
- If your Doctor’s Appointment is running late:
- Call Gadabout at the time of your pick up and you will be considered a CALL WHEN DONE.
- Call Gadabout again when you are done with your appointment.
- Please be aware that it could sometimes be a long time picking you up due to finding a bus in route in your area.
MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- We DO NOT make SAME DAY changes.
- We request a 24 hour notice for you to call Gadabout to make a change to your ride.
We have many riders that ride the Gadabout Bus and we ask that you please be ready at the time of your Pick Up and Return times.
If you need to cancel, we recommend a 24 hour notice. If you call before or after we are open, you can leave a message on the answering machine.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to call Gadabout.
- 607-273-1878 – Mon – Fri – 8am – 4:30pm
Thank you again for your interest in Gadabout.
We Value Our Customers and Strive For Excellent Service